INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
Department of Space, Government of India
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB)
ANNUAL RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER `SC’ WITH BE/B.TECH OR EQUIVALENT DEGREE IN
ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:ICRB:01:2013 DATED 12-02-2013
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is engaged in application of Space Science and Space Technology for the development of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance by indigenously developing capability to design and develop Space Transportation Systems and Satellites.
The continuing expansion of space applications programmes like Village Resources Centres, telemedicine, tele-education, disaster management support and outreach through Direct-To-Home television reiterates the increasing role played by the Indian space systems in providing various kinds of services to the society. Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion system, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, high resolution imaging sensors, and inter planetary missions.
Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced technical infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in the pay band of Rs.15600-39100 with grade pay Rs.5400/- (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Post) to the young graduates in the following specialized fields :-
Do not use ‘Back’ and ‘Forward’ button of your browser while filling up online application form.
If already applied, use the following link to download your Application Fee Challan / Registration Confirmation Form
To get the online application form, please click on the Post Name below for which you want to apply for.
|BE001||Scientist/Engineer SC – Electronics|
|BE002||Scientist/Engineer SC – Mechanical|
|BE003||Scientist/Engineer SC – Computer Science|
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of marks of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2012-13 are also eligible to apply provided the final Degree is awarded latest by 31.8.2013.
- 35 years as on 04-03-2013. Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders). For PWD persons, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 12-02-2013 and 04-03-2013. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 12-02-2013 and 04-03-2013. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post Code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (account number will be published in the website), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 12-02-2013 and 05-03-2013. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 12-02-2013 and 04-03-2013 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e., 05-03-2013. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 094 by post superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC'” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 11-03-2013 The remaining one copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application Fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc. are not allowed. Applications, in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bangalore on or before 11-03-2013, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Women; Scheduled Castes (SC); Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form, in duplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., and Post Code. Out of the two personalized registration confirmation form, the candidates have to send one part of the form [ISRO copy] alongwith a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 094 by post superscribing on the envelope“ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC'” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 11-03-2013. The remaining one copy of registration confirmation form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- Applications, in respect of which the above certificates are not received alongwith a copy of the registration confirmation form [ISRO copy] on or before 11-03-2013 will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Those candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies have to send a `No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 094 within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 11-03-2013.
Women Candidate – Gender certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied or Attested copy of PAN Card/Voter’s ID Card/College ID Card/Passport/Driving License/Ration Card.
SC/ST candidates – Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) – Attested copy of Medical Certificate indicating extent of disability issued by Medical Board
Ex-Servicemen – Attested copy of Discharge Certificate
- The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent for submission of application on line. Please note that the qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 05-05-2013(Sunday) at ten venues viz Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during second/third week of April 2013. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview. The schedule and venue of the interview will be notified separately to the shortlisted candidates only. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the online application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained).
Pay and Allowances:
- Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs. 36,120/-p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/isro_centres.htm
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to email@example.com
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|The Answer Keys will be published on the ISRO Website within three working days of the Written Test, i.e. on 08.05.2013. The candidates may raise objections, if any, within 10 da ys (i.e. on or before 18.05.2013) of publishing the answer keys in the website, to the e-mail icrb.isro.gov.in. Objections, if any, received thereafter will not be considered at any cost.|