The name change is allowed 24Hrs prior to the Travel.
1. A confirmed railway ticket can be transferred to your blood relations.
If you are holding a confirmed ticket and you are unable to travel, then the ticket can be transferred to Your family members including father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife.
2. For transferring a Confirmed ticket, an application must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train to chief reservation supervisor with ID proof.
3. Government officials can transfer to other govt official proceeding on duty on production of a letter from the
4. Students can transfer ticket to other students.
- Carry the confirmed Ticket
- Carry your Original Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, PAN Card, Bank Pass Book)
- Carry Your Proof of Address
- Application Form for the name change.
- No cancellation and reservation charges are recovered in this case
- However, in case of group travelling together, party’s written request should be tendered in writing 48 hours before scheduled departure of train and change of name is not permitted in excess of 10% of total strength of the group/party.