PAN- Permanent Account Number, issued by Income Tax Department. Its a mandatory one for each and every citizen of India.
How to apply?
It is very simple, a common man who knows to type and read english can apply on his own.
Before Entering into the application form filled, Check the documents that are needed for applying the PAN Card. The List follows here:
|Sr. No||Proof of Identity (Copy of)||Proof of address (Copy of)|
|1||School Leaving Certificate||Electricity Bill*|
|2||Matriculation Certificate||Telephone Bill*|
|3||Degree of recognised educational institution||Employer Certificate*|
|4||Depository Account Statement||Depository Account Statement*|
|5||Bank Account Statement / Passbook||Bank Account Statement / Passbook*|
|6||Credit Card||Credit Card Statement*|
|7||Water Bill||Rent Receipt*|
|8||Ration Card||Ration Card|
|9||Property Tax Assessment Order||Property Tax Assessment Order|
|11||Voter Identity Card||Voter Identity Card|
|12||Driving License||Driving License|
|13||Certificate of identity signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer.||Certificate of address signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer.|
1. In case of Minor, any of the above mentioned documents as proof of identity and address of any of parents/guardians of such minor shall be deemed to be the proof of identity and address for the minor applicant.
2. For HUF, an affidavit made by the Karta of Hindu Undivided Family stating name, father.s name and address of all the coparceners on the date of application and copy of any of the above documents in the name of Karta of HUF is required.
3. In case of an Indian citizen residing outside India, copy of passport is required as proof of identity.
1. Proof of Address is required for residence address mentioned in item no. 7.
2. In case of an Indian citizen residing outside India, copy of passport or copy of Bank Account Statement in country of residence or copy of Non-resident External (NRE) bank account statements.
|Other than Individuals and HUF|
|1||Company||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Companies.|
|2||Partnership Firm||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Firmsor Copy of partnership deed.|
|3||Limited Liability Partnership||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of LLPs|
|4||Trust||Copy of trust deed or copy of certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner.|
|5||Association of Person, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, or Artificial Juridical Person||Copy of Agreement or copy of certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner or registrar of cooperative society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central or State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person.|
|16||Signature / Thumb impression||Application must be signed by (i) the applicant; or (ii) Karta in case of HUF; or (iii) Director of a Company; or (iv) Authorized Signatory in case of AOP, Body of Individuals, Local Authority and Artificial Juridical Person; or (v) Partner in case of Firm/LLP; or (vi) Trustee; or (vii) Representative Assessee in case of Minor/deceased/idiot/lunatic/mentally retarded.
Applications not signed in the given manner and in the space provided are liable to be rejected.
|17||Other Details: Depository Account||If applicant selects ‘copy of depository account’ as proof of identity or proof of address, it is mandatory to fill in Depository Account Details.|
|18||Payment Details||An applicant has an option of making payment either by demand draft, cheque or Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking (Payment details are mentioned in guidelines)|
Courtesy : TIN NSDL
The payment for new PAN card is almost Rs.96.00. This should be paid only in the means of
1. Demand Draft: (In favor of “NSDL-PAN” payable at Mumbai ).
2. Credit card or Debit Card.
3. Net Banking
4. In case of Cheques, Deposit should be made to nearest HDFC BANKS.
For More Details about payment Click here
Procedure for applying:
1. To get a new PAN Card, you need to fill the Form 49-A.
2. Visit the Link, to apply for a new PAN card. Click here
3. In this page, select the New PAN for Indian Citizen Form 49A.
4. Then select Online application for NEW PAN.
5. In Bottom of the page, select the type of Applicant: In the drop down box.
6. Then fill the form correctly, and make the payment.
7. Submit the form, take a print out and send the form to the following address with in 15days of the application date.
The Address to be sent is:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
National Securities Depository Limited,
3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers,
Near Baner Telephone Exchange,
Baner, Pune – 411045′
In the top of the Cover write the following: “APPLICATION FOR PAN – Acknowledgement Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN – 881010100000097’)”.
If you dont have the proof as with your fathers name along with your name. For Ex: Your name is Suresh and your fathers name is Manikam, you should have a proof of “Suresh Manikam”. If you don’t have so, please take a Print out of the form, paste the photo, and get signature from the Gazette Officer at two place,
01. On the Photo you have pasted.
02. Below the wording along with his Sign and Seal.
While filling your name write your family/fathers name in the form your are getting signature.
Click here for the Form
Periodically check the status of your applied PAN Card with Acknowledgement here. ClickHere